Friday, January 06, 2006

seeing stars


With the trials and tribulations of my life, I find myself embracing more the "new age-y" things I one scoffed at. Empowerment cards (given to me as a gift) are now occasionally read (My future is glorious! Today I am led to fulfillment!). Even horoscopes are glanced at for possible guidance. While I am looking for some kind of planetary pattern, a grand scheme that explains away misfortunes...I realize that this is how home shopping psychics make money. Poor, wandering fools like me are searching the stars for answers.

But can you blame us? Stars mark some of the best things in life. For Robert, that is the premiere of Battlestar Galactica, his favorite show on the SciFi Channel. After the season's cliff hanger finale, he has been waiting with bated breath to see what happens. During the opening sequence, he definitely gets stars in his eyes. (I'm not joking--despite the Italian suaveness my husband is closet sci-fi geek! Ha Ha! Now the world knows!)

For me, the star that marks my Year of the Dog review in Booklist makes me glassy-eyed. Yippeee! "Lin does a remarkable job capturing the soul and the spirit of books like those of Hayward or Maud Hart Lovelace, reimagining them through the lens of her own story, and transforming their special qualities into something new for today’s young readers." Yes, yes, thank you, thank you... I better not get too full of myself or else I might start seeing stars because someone wacks me one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Great news about your new book! I look forward to reading it!
And you should be full of yourself!!
Who else would you be full of??

Congratulations!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home