Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

In honor of the holiday,my parents drove down from Upstate NY to celebrate with us. This is the first time I've been the "host" of Thanksgiving, but as Robert had treatment the next day all had to flock to us.

Unfortunately, Thanksgiving came the day after we returned from LA. Not only were my parents coming, but Ki-Ki, my cousin Austin and his girlfriend were as well. To alleviate cooking stress, I ordered the "Whole Foods Dinner For Eight." This caused quite an uproar in the family. No, not because it was boughten, prepared food. Because it was a turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mashed potatoes. As my Dad said in confusion, "It's American food!"

Ah, yes, I've destroyed the time honored Lin tradition of stir-fried shrimp, rice noodles, spare ribs, fried dumplings and steamed fish for Thanksgiving. And what is Thanksgiving without the sushi? And the sliced oranges for dessert?



However, all condescended to eat and, if the groans of fullness were any indication, all were quite satisfied. My mom did insist on slicing oranges for dessert (even though there was pumpkin pie). Some things are sacred.

1 Comments:

Blogger alvinaling said...

Happy Thanksgiving! See you next weekend.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home