Thursday, January 26, 2006

vanity, thy name is me

Today, a lovely article about me and the "Year of the Dog" came out in the Somerville Journal. Unfortunately, it was accompanied by a particularly unlovely photo of me. I never thought I was vain, but that photo made me cringe. I should've known it was going to be weird when they were taking pictures of me reading the book. Here is my conversation with Robert about it:

Me: Oh my gosh! Look at that horrible picture of me!
Robert: Gee, why'd they print a picture of you with your mouth open?
Me: I look horrible, that double chin look and everything!
Robert: You are kind of holding your head kind of weird.
Me: Wait a minute, you're suppose to be telling me it's not so bad. That I'm beautiful and all that.
Robert: Well, you're an author, not a fashion model.

Hmm, the more I think about this conversation, the less comforted I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home