Monday, September 26, 2005

hello, blog!

So, to the disdain of the two people closest to me I have decided to start this blog.

When I told my sister Ki-Ki, she scrunched up her face and said, "You're gonna blooooog?"
"Yes," I told her, "it'll be fun! People can read all about the little things going on in my life."
"I don't care for blogs," she said, "they're just not interesting."
"Mine will be," I insisted, "I'm very interesting!"
"Uh-huh," she said, "to you."

My husband Robert was not much more encouraging.
"So a blog is like an online journal?" he probed.
"Yep," I nodded.
"But why would you want people to read your journal," he said, "It's private."
"For fun!" I said.
"Well, promise me you won't write anything about me in it," he said.
"Okay," I said, "I promise. I won't write anything about you, how you have pajamas with big red hearts all over them or how you watch Battlestar Galactica or how you don't know how to spell the word 'receive'. I know that embarrasses you."

1 Comments:

Blogger alvinaling said...

yay! a blog! I was just thinking that you should start a blog. I need something else to read to help me procrastinate during the day.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home